Since lockdown started, all of our lives have slowed down a considerable amount. Work has either been non-existent or has been given a fresh new face. Although I’ve been isolating for over a month now, the current situation can still feel very fresh, and whilst I’ve managed to settle into a new routine and the like, everything can still feel daunting at times and it can all become a bit too much.
One positive to come out of all this, however, is the addition of free time (although sometimes it can feel like *too* much), which has given me ample opportunity to delve into new hobbies, re-dedicate time to older ones and catch up on some much-needed bonding time with my Netflix account and Watch Later on YouTube.
Here are some of the things that I’ve been loving over this past month and have been using to provide a distraction from all the stress and panic at the moment – an eclectic list of things to read, watch and listen, in addition to some simple joys I’ve appreciated in my everyday.
- Yesterday was a fun, lighthearted movie I watched with my family.
- The Anna Edit’s pub quiz has become a new feature in my weekly group Skype calls with my friends (we’re doing a two/three rounds a week) and saves us the effort of creating one ourselves. I’m currently in second place so hopefully, this will be the week I pull ahead!
- Got back into reading and couldn’t put down How Do You Like Me Now by Holly Bourne.
- Whilst I may not be leaving the house at the moment, I’m still making sure to get up and get dressed properly and have been using the White Musk Flora Body Mist from The Body Shop religiously every day.
- Video-calling our extended family has become a weekly fixture in my household and it’s been lovely to catch up with them on the regular and see how they’re doing.
- Easter eggs and mini eggs have a certain magic about them, in that they somehow taste better than regular chocolate (maybe it’s the fact that they’re only available at this time of year) but they’ve made quarantine that bit more bearable.
- Grackle on YouTube has provided a lot of much-needed entertainment for me over the last few days (I’ve been binge-watching her videos since I discovered her channel). The video where she recreates an episode of The Great British Bake Off cracks me up.
- The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off has made my Tuesday evenings complete.
What have you been loving this month?